Consignment offers local authors the opportunity to stock and sell self-published books through our store. If your book is available through a publisher or distributor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Chapter Booksellers accepts books for sale on consignment. Next Chapter Booksellers will pay 60% of the list price after any sales. We do not pay in advance for consignment books. We will issue payment 60 days after receiving inventory. Next Chapter Booksellers will stock the book through a maximum of 60 days after the receipt of inventory or the item's last sale. After that period, it is the author’s responsibility to retrieve unsold stock. Unclaimed books will be donated to charity or returned to the author with shipping deducted from their payment after sixty (60) days. Next Chapter will not provide shipment of stock in the absence of sales. Next Chapter Booksellers is not responsible for consignment books. Lost, stolen, or missing books remain the author’s property. We will not reimburse the consignee for unsold books consigned to the store.
Submissions are considered based on their sales potential and with regard to the store's current inventory. We screen all submissions for quality. We will try to respond at our earliest opportunity, though we receive many submissions and cannot respond to every potential consignee.
The consignment buyer will only consider submissions on the following conditions:
- The consignment buyer is not available for cold calls or drop-ins.
- All unsolicited samples will be donated or discarded. The consignment buyer will only request sample copies if necessary.
- All consignment requests must be submitted via email with the subject line CONSIGNMENT: book title, name of author (e.g. CONSIGNMENT: Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen).
- Consignment requests must include the following: an image of the cover; information on the author, especially as regards local connections; information on the title, especially as regards local connections; and information on planned marketing and advertisement
- The book must have a spine with the title and the name of the author visible
- Submissions must include the following statement: "The author has read the consignment requirements and they understand and acquiesce to these conditions."
Submit your request for consignment to email@example.com.
Applicants without an email may submit a letter to the following address on the conditions outlined above:
Next Chapter Booksellers
38 Snelling Ave S
St. Paul, MN 55105