Consignment offers local authors the opportunity to stock and sell self-published books through our store.
Read the guidelines provided here before submitting books for consideration.
If your book is available through a publisher or distributor, please email email@example.com with information on the book, terms, and discount instead.
We are not able to accommodate cold calls or drop-ins. We do not accept samples except by request. Unsolicited samples become the property of Next Chapter Booksellers and will be donated or destroyed at our discretion.
- We cannot guarantee a response to every request. We will contact you if we are interested in carrying your book or if we require more information.
- Priority is given to authors and subject matter with current local or regional connections.
- Priority is given to recent publications.
- We cannot accommodate consignment requests in November or December. Please submit your title for consideration between January 1st and October 31st. Requests made between November 1st and December 31st will be considered in the new year.
- Publishing and bookselling involve the assumption of risk. We select all books in our inventory based on their prospective sales. We cannot guarantee any single title display, promotion, or other attention except at our discretion. Marketing your book is your responsibility, and we strongly recommend you have a marketing strategy.
- Books submitted for review must be printed and bound in paperback, hardcover, or board with a traditional glue-bound spine. Spiral or comb bindings will not be accepted.
- We strongly recommend that the title and author name are visible on the spine and that the book has a 13-digit ISBN. We recommend that the book has a scannable barcode/UPC.
- Books without a legible title and author name on the spine and books without a 13-digit ISBN will be considered only on a case-by-case basis.
- Books submitted for review must have the title and author’s name on the cover. Visibly pixelated covers will not be accepted.
- We do not accept titles available exclusively through Amazon’s print-on-demand programs.
- The price of the book (set by the author) should be at or below that of comparable non-consignment titles.
Please read these guidelines carefully and fill out the form for CONSIGNMENT TITLE REVIEW.